Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

mwsnap Screen Capture Utility

I have been using a nifty little screen capture utility for a number of years now. It is called Mwsnap and according to the website, it  works on all 32 bit versions of windows. I also know that it works on 64 bit windows 7. 

It is very customisable allowing you to predefine a directory for your snapshots. It will also allow you to predefine a name and it can optionally add a number to the name.  In addition, there are pre-defined hotkeys (which you may alter to your own preference). 

I think it is one of the best pieces of software there is. Its simple, unobtrusive and easy to use. I have used this piece of software in the office when I needed to capture screenshots for installation guides, and I also use it at home regularly.

Yes, windows does come with its own screen capture utility, but it is not very flexible. This software is so good, it is the sort of software I would like to see embedded in the windows operating system.


Download MWSNAP here 

NB: The link will open in a new window and prompt you to download the file mwsnap300.exe.   


No comments:

Post a Comment