Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

TeamViewer

This is a great little program which is free for non-commercial use. It lets you connect to another pc remotely and you may as well be at the keyboard. Of course the other person has to let you in. Both parties must have the eatire same version of Teamviewer installed. A very useful feature is the ability to preset a password which means as long as the other pc is set so that Teamviewer starts up when windows starts you can reboot the other pc remotely and still connect back in to it. I used it when I went to France on business and needed to get some poker points everyday do that I could qualify for a live event. France did not allow connections from this poker site (they want the site to have a . Fr domain) but I was able to remotely connect in to my desktop at home using this software and eventually qualified for the promotion. Each connection has its own I'd and there is an option to save all your connection i'ds centrally so you know which I'd is associated with which pc. There is even a Teamviewer iPhone app.

teamviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment